Robotics Process Automation (RPA) allows organizations to automate process just like a human being was doing them across application and systems. Robotic automation communicates with the existing IT architecture with no complicated system integration required.
RPA can be used to automate work process, infrastructure, back end process which are labour intensive. These software robots can communicate with an in-house application, user portal, website, etc. The RPA is a software program which runs on an end user’s pc, laptop or mobile device. It is a sequence of commands which are executed by robots under some standard defined set of business rules.
The main goal of Robotics process automation process to replace repetitive/redundant and boring clerical task performed by humans, with a virtual workforce. RPA does not require the development of code, nor does it require direct access to the code or database of the applications.
The market for RPA is advancing rapidly and widespread adoption of robotic automation could radically reshape the BPM marketplace. In my view, this transformation will be driven by a pursuit of five outcomes:
- Accuracy:Human FTEs make data entry mistakes, whereas robots perform the same task the same way every time provided there is no judgment call required while processing transactions.
- Improved audit and regulatory compliance:Robots can provide a detailed audit logs enabling advanced business analytics and improved compliance.
- Reduction of Cost:Software robots are typically at least one third the price of an offshore FTE.
- Ease of change management:Robots preserve application and data integrity by leveraging the existing application presentation layer and re-using existing application logic, databases and validation without deep understanding and re-engineering.
- Efficiency:RPA can operate 24X7 without breaks provided the underlying core applications are available.